Monday, January 11, 2010

Snickerdoodles

This has to be my oldest recipe in my collection!
I made these as a young girl in my 4-H club. I entered
them in the Eastern Idaho State Fair food booth and
got a BLUE ribbon! I was a pretty proud girl!

Mix:
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. cream
1 tsp. vanilla

In another bowl add:
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp.salt
Sift together and add to wet mixture above.

Chill dough. Roll in balls the size of a walnut; then
roll in a mixture of:
4 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon

Place 2" apart on a cookie sheet.
Bake in 400 oven 7-8 minutes.
These cookies puff up at first then flatten out in crinkles/

I LOVE TO MAKE THESE FOR MY FAVORITE SON KENDALL !!! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH !!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks mom !!! That last line was so sweet !! I love you too !!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a little stinker!! You`re going to get me in trouble!! I love you too!!

    ReplyDelete