Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Banana Cake

This is almost like banana bread, but it is more cakey in texture, and a little sweeter. Not as dense as regular banana bread. Tyler loves bananas and banana bread and he will watch the bananas and he knows that when there are two left that we have enough to make banana bread. Then he makes sure that no one eats them! This recipe was given to me by my friend, Aubri.

1 1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
4 tbsp. sour cream
3/4 c. pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional-I don't like nuts in mine)
1 c. banana, mashed
1 1/2 c. pastry or cake flour (you can use 1 1/2 c. minus 3 tbsp. all-purpose)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, beaten very lightly. Next add baking soda, dissolved in the sour cream. Beat well, then fold in bananas, flour, salt and vanilla. Bake in a well greased loaf pan, in a 350*F oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Can serve plain, but is also very yummy to spread whipped cream cheese frosting over top. Yum!!

1 comment:

  1. I just made this again! I doubled the recipe and put it in a cookie sheet. There was a bit too much for the cookie sheet so I put it in a smaller pan. Then I put cream cheese frosting over top. Heaven!!

    ReplyDelete