Sunday, January 10, 2010

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe came from a friend, Jan. It is my favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies!!

Cream together the following:
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup shortening
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup margarine
3 tsp. vanilla

Add:
5 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 pkg Chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 6 dozen cookies. I usually bake up just what we need and flash freeze the rest of the dough in balls. I then put them in a freezer container. I can then grab as many balls of dough as I need at a time.

**To make these healthier: I used 3/4 c. egg beaters instead of eggs, 3/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter for the margarine, 1 cup unsweetened applesauce instead of the shortening, 3 c. whole wheat flour + 2 1/4 white flour instead of the 5 1/4 c. white flour, and Splenda (granulated) instead of white sugar. This reduces these from 5 WW points per cookie to 3 pts.

1 comment:

  1. Your dad needed a treat to take around to his home teaching families--I saw this recipe, saw that it make alot--so I tried it. They turned our beautifully and for the first time I got as many cookies as the recipe said. The 6 dz. is right on!! I took your advise and frose 2 dz. cookie dough balls for later (to bake or to eat :D ) They are great!!

    ReplyDelete