Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chicken Scaloppini (Stacey's version!)

I absolutely LOVE Johnny Carinos! Their chicken scaloppini is my favorite! This is my version of it (which if I do say so myself, it tastes pretty darn close!!) It is not the healthiest with all the butter, so it will be a special occasion meal in our house! We made it gluten free by putting it over mashed potatoes rather than spaghetti! mmmmmmmm! Enjoy!

Lemon Butter:
2 sticks butter
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp white wine
1 tsp garlic (I like fresh)
mix together with hand mixer and set aside!


3 Tbsp Butter
6-8 chicken tenders
1/2 cup roma tomatoes diced
1 cup sliced mushrooms( can do less, we love mushrooms!)
1/2 cup cooked bacon chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
8 oz heavy cream ( I did 1 pint to make extra sauce to put over mashed potatoes)

spaghetti noodles or mashed potatoes which is gluten free!(which ever you prefer, both are fabulous!)

Saute chicken in 4 tbsp butter till browned well. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, and seasonings. Simmer until tomatoes begin to dissolve and chicken is done. Add heavy cream, peas, and let boil. Fold in lemon butter mixture to make sauce, and let thicken up a bit.
Serve over spaghetti or mashed potatoes, and enjoy! mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment